If you have been injured at work, it is important that you understand what your legal rights are at every stage of the workers’ compensation claims process. We have seen many instances where a worker misses out on workers’ comp benefits because they did not know their rights. Whether you are dealing with your employer or the insurance company, knowing your rights can be a powerful way to protect your claim.
Injured workers have a right to:
- Receive workers’ compensation benefits and/or disability benefits (if the workers is unable to return to work due to a disability)
- See a doctor and receive timely and reasonable medical treatment
- Return to work with the approval of a physician
- Disagree with their employer’s and employer’s insurer
- Appeal a denial of a workers’ comp claim
- Be represented by an attorney throughout the workers’ compensation process
- Be treated with respect and dignity by all parties
It is common for injured workers to face many unfair obstacles when filing their claims, including employers who want to dispute a worker’s injury, insurers that deny valid injury claims, or even employers retaliating against workers for filing a claim. These actions are unlawful. If you are facing difficulties with your claim, contact an attorney immediately to learn your legal options.
Protecting Your Workers’ Comp Claim
- The moment you are injured, report your accident to your employer and get started on your claim. If you wait to report your injury or file a claim, your employer or insurer can use this as an excuse to deny your case.
- Work with an attorney. Workers’ compensation laws can be complex and involve a lot of paperwork. An attorney can explain the laws to you, make sure your application is thorough and accurate, and protect you when challenges arise.
Trusted Counsel for Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
Ufkes & Bright has a team of experienced workers’ compensation lawyers in Santa Ana who can help protect your rights and guide you through the workers’ comp process. We understand what the claims process involves and how to maximize the benefits you deserve. From the initial application to the appeals process, our team works diligently and aggressively for every client.
Schedule a free initial consultation with our attorneys today.