Workers' Compensation Benefits
Experienced Santa Ana Workers' Comp Attorneys
In California, all employers must carry workers' compensation insurance. This means that virtually all workers, full-time and part-time workers, are covered under the system. When you are injured, you can file for benefits through this coverage.
Injured workers can receive benefits for a specific injury, one that occurred over a period of time (carpal tunnel syndrome, exposure to toxic fumes, etc.), and even psychiatric or emotional injuries, although the latter can be difficult to prove. Learn more about the types of benefits provided by workers' compensation below.
Benefits available under workers' compensation:
- Medical treatment for necessary medical care to provide relief or cure the work injury. This can include doctor bills, medicine, hospital costs, lab fees, x-rays, and other expenses towards medical care.
- Vocational retraining for individuals who are unable to return to their work duties as a result of the injuries if an employer does not offer alternative work..
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD) is available to workers who suffered a temporary disability and cover wages that are proportional to your normal wages, depending on the severity of your disability. Workers on TPD generally are cleared by doctors to work less than eight hours a day.
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) is available to workers who have suffered a permanent disability and are unable to return to their normal work duties. Doctors will evaluate the level of impairment according to set guidelines, which will then determine the benefits amount.
- Death benefits to dependents of the deceased worker. This can include funeral costs and disability benefits of the deceased.
Workers' compensation is a no-fault system that provides benefits regardless of whether the work injury was caused by the employer or the employee.
Free Initial Consultation: (714) 500-8661
If you have been injured while at work or performing a work-related duty, speak with our Santa Ana workers' compensation lawyers at Ufkes & Bright about filing a claim. We are known for our history of success and our commitment to excellent client care. Our attorneys and legal team can guide you through the claims process and work diligently to recover the maximum compensation available to you.