Workers' Compensation Benefits for Residents of Santa Ana
In California, all employers must carry workers' compensation insurance. This means that virtually all workers, full-time and part-time workers, are covered under the system. When you are injured, you can file for benefits through this coverage.
Injured workers can receive benefits for a specific injury, one that occurred over a period of time (carpal tunnel syndrome, exposure to toxic fumes, etc.), and even psychiatric or emotional injuries, although the latter can be difficult to prove. Learn more about the types of benefits provided by workers' compensation below.
Benefits available under workers' compensation:
- Medical treatment for necessary medical care to provide relief or cure the work injury. This can include doctor bills, medicine, hospital costs, lab fees, x-rays, and other expenses towards medical care.
- Vocational retraining for individuals who are unable to return to their work duties as a result of the injuries if an employer does not offer alternative work..
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD) is available to workers who suffered a temporary disability and cover wages that are proportional to your normal wages, depending on the severity of your disability. Workers on TPD generally are cleared by doctors to work less than eight hours a day.
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) is available to workers who have suffered a permanent disability and are unable to return to their normal work duties. Doctors will evaluate the level of impairment according to set guidelines, which will then determine the benefits amount.
- Death benefits to dependents of the deceased worker. This can include funeral costs and disability benefits of the deceased.
Workers' compensation is a no-fault system that provides benefits regardless of whether the work injury was caused by the employer or the employee.
Free Initial Consultation: (714) 500-8661
If you have been injured while at work or performing a work-related duty, speak with our workers' compensation lawyers at Ufkes & Bright about filing a claim.
We are known for our history of success and our commitment to excellent client care. Our attorneys and legal team can guide you through the claims process and work diligently to recover the maximum compensation available to you.
Call us at (714) 500-8661 or schedule a free consultation online.
See What Our Clients Are Saying
I would highly recommend Ufkes and Bright.
“I would highly recommend Ufkes and Bright. If you want to feel comfortable, know that you are being taken care of, and are in Orange County, then this is the place to go. I love their team and how great their help is.”
From the very beginning, I was impressed by the level of professionalism & expertise.
“I'm not one to write reviews often, but I wanted to take a moment to share my positive experience with Ufkes & Bright. From the very beginning, I was impressed by the level of professionalism and expertise demonstrated by Mark, Vince, Marian, and the rest of the staff. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the outcome of my case, and I have Ufkes & Bright to thank for that.”
Whenever I come to the office, Vincent is always very welcoming & happy to clarify my case status.
“Everyone at Ufkes & Bright is very friendly and welcoming. I am glad I came to them for my workers' compensation case. Whenever I come to the office, Vincent is always very welcoming and happy to clarify my case status. I will definitely recommend Ufkes & Bright to my friends and family.”
I was involved and kept up on all the steps of the lawsuit.
“I have had honest and open communication with Mark and his father for an industrial injury. They fought for me and won the case! I was involved and kept up on all the steps of the lawsuit. Everyone in the group was aware and there for me. They took the same interest and care of another family I referred to them. I feel they will do the greatest job for anyone with an injury.”
Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend.
“The best! Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend. Vincent is so helpful. Very informative, updated and was able to guide me through the process of everything.”