Brain Injuries in the Workplace
Experienced Santa Ana Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Accidents can happen anywhere and when they happen in the workplace, employees are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Among some of the most common injuries that are sustained on-the-job are brain injuries. These types of injuries can range from minor to severe and even debilitating, preventing a worker from being able to return to his or her job or from working at all. If you suffered a brain injury as a result of your job duties or work environment, you need to obtain the skilled legal assistance of an attorney who has extensive experience in representing workers’ compensation cases.
At Ufkes & Bright, our workers’ compensation attorneys in Santa Ana are dedicated to fighting on behalf of injured workers. Our team is backed by over 50 years of collective legal experience and a history of proven success.
For the effective legal representation you deserve, reach out to us today at (714) 500-8661 to request your free initial case evaluation.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Workplace brain injuries are commonly caused by the following incidents:
- Walking into objects: When an employee walks into a solid object, such as a cabinet or wall, he or she might get bumped on the head, resulting in a brain injury. Remember, the workers’ compensation system is not fault-based, so even if an employee was distracted and walked into a glass window or a door, sustaining a brain injury, he or she would still be eligible for these important benefits.
- Standing underneath falling objects: If an object were to fall or get dropped from above, hitting an employee on the head, this could cause a brain injury. This could happen if a worker on another floor accidentally bumped into a shelf, knocking over an object that landed on an employee below.
- Slipping, tripping, and falling: In general, falls are one of the most common injuries in the United States, so it is not surprising that these incidents would be common in the workplace as well. In fact, slips, trips, and falls are the second most common cause of workplace injuries. If the fall is serious enough, an employee could hit his or her head pretty hard and suffer a brain injury.
- Falling from above: If an employee were to fall off a roof, a ladder, or take a tumble down a flight of stairs, this could lead to a number of severe injuries, including a brain injury. In fact, these accidents account for about 35% of all traumatic brain injuries in the United States.
The Effects of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries are not to be taken lightly. In some cases, an injured worker might not immediately feel the effects of his or her brain injury, but a life-threatening condition could be developing beneath the skull, so it is vital to see a doctor as soon as possible.
The effects of a brain injury and be both internal and external, including:
- Minor to severe damage on the skull, including skull fractures
- Bruising, swelling, cuts, or lacerations on the scalp
- Contusions, bruising to the brain, hemorrhaging, or brain bleeding
- A brain injury survivor might experience memory loss, dizziness, nausea, or seizures
Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Santa Ana
If you suffered a brain injury while at work, you are going to need workers’ compensation benefits to get you through this difficult time. To ensure the process goes smoothly and you receive the benefits to which you are entitled, it is crucial that you hire a workers’ compensation attorney as soon as possible. At Ufkes & Bright, our Santa Ana workers’ compensation team is here to provide the exceptional legal representation you deserve. Our law firm is backed by over 50 years of combined experience and a proven track record of success, so you can be confident in our ability to serve you.
Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend.
“The best! Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend. Vincent is so helpful. Very informative, updated and was able to guide me through the process of everything.”
Mark and his staff were very helpful they walked me through everything that I needed to know
“Mark and his staff were very helpful they walked me through everything that I needed to know. I highly recommend them they do a great job”
They are the BEST, they were able to walk me through the process of everything.
“They are the BEST, they were able to walk me through the process of everything. They answered all my questions and explained everything to me in detail.They fought for me to get the best settlement for my case and we're very professional and understanding. I'm thankful to have found them for representation. I highly recommend!”